Oh grandma

on Thursday, January 10, 2013

I just thought of writing about this randomly. This was taken last Dec 28, 2012 at Oro Gardens cemetery. That guy standing there is my Grandpa. He's probably talking to Grandma's grave. She died last year February. Since Grandma's death Grandpa has been worse. He's greedy and selfish most of the time but there are times that he is also nice. And now he has this fling with this young woman, I don't know if he's taking it seriously but I know the woman just wants his money. It just saddens me, I know grandpa misses grandma soooo much. He really loves grandma like crazy. But why does he do these things? Why look for another woman or what? I mean, it's okay I guess since the vows say "till death do us part." but with a younger woman!? (I heard she's around 20). 
Looking back at my grandparents, I can really see how happy and super in love they are even though sometimes they fight and argue but they always find a reason to make peace. I love to have a marriage like theirs, one that surpasses time. They grew old together and they do everything together. Grandpa is not used to being alone. Grandma was always with him, my mother once told me that whenever grandma is away for business trips, grandpa would always check the calender and count the days left till his darling arrives. That is so sweet. I really admire the love they show to each other through the years. Grandma was like an angel to grandpa, she would make him do stuff that are good for him like to socialize, to give to people and to join church activities etc. And he would do it, because he loved her and wanted her to be happy. 

So anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this anymore, I just don't want grandpa to do stupid things like go to other women and give them money or what. But then again, I don't know how it feels to lose a lover and be left behind. I'm sure he's still sort of hurting and recovering from grandma's death. All we do now is understand him. My mom and her siblings get hurt sometimes when they hear news about grandpa texting, calling or having a date with his fling woman. But we all try to understand him. I miss grandma too. I really wish she were still alive. She didn't get to see me become a music student or attend my debut recital. She would have been proud of me. She encouraged me to play music, she is one of the reasons why I decided to take up music. Grandpa misses her so much, I hope he recovers .



P.S. hahaha, murag drama kaayo akong post pero wala lang. nice man jud ang pic so gi.himoan nako og post. hahaha :D peace out! 


4 comments:

ezara said...

aww.. so sad to hear about your grandpa and his fling.. :( so romantic about your grandparents though :3

promisetohush said...

Yeah. It's sad too, to be left behind. Then again, having flings aren't exactly good. Your grandparents seem so sweet. Actually, my grandpa died too, and i sometimes think grandma's still feeling lonely.

Page said...

atleast she not resorting to flings. D: ehehe

Penda Penn said...

i told you and you dint believe me! well, i think i kinda understand where ur grandpa is coming from. i dont like it but i see it. obviously, ur grandpa is lonely and just needs to feel that comfort, love and probably even wanting to love again like he did with nana. i told u abt that one time with mommylo right? the way i see it, the man is NEEDING intimacy.

like you said, nana means alot to tata and if he's not trying to forget her through having flings, then he's trying to remember her--or rather the feelings he had when she was near. men arent known to be as emotionally strong as women. thank God he didnt go through a depression and follow her. i bet you can still pull him from where he is. I would urge u to try to be with tata more when you're here, talk to him, playfully tell him that nana wont be happy, learn to loosen him up and bond with him. he needs the family. it's awfully lonely without the person you spent most of ur life with. i wont guarantee it'll work but it definitely wont hurt to try and see :)

Post a Comment